WEST ORANGE, NJ – Teachers across the West Orange School District have created Amazon “wish lists” with the items they need for the upcoming school year, just in time for a sales tax waiver throughout the state.
On Friday, the West Orange Public School District kicked off its #WOClearTheList campaign.
“Let’s come together as a community and do what we can to support our educators and students and clear the list,” the administrators said.
The list, which is separated by schools, can be seen here.
Need to know what your own child will need when they return to class? Check out the list of back-to-school supplies for parents here.
New Jersey officials will offer residents a chance to save money on back-to-school items during this year’s sales tax holiday, scheduled between Aug. 27 and Sept. 5. Read more: New Jersey Tax Holiday: When to Save Back to School 2022
New Jersey back-to-school shoppers will save money on all school essentials. According to the New Jersey Division of Taxation, here are some of the items eligible for the sales tax reduction:
- art supplies
- Composition notebooks
- Folders (stretch, pocket, plastic and manila)
- Pencil boxes and other school supply boxes
- Ballet and tap shoes
- Protective glasses
- mouth guard
- Computer printers with a selling price of less than $1,000
- Printer supplies for computers, printer paper and printer ink
- Hand-held electronic programmers (excluding devices that are cellular telephones) whose sale price is less than $1,000.
- All computers with a selling price of less than $3,000
- Reference maps and globes
- Gloves (baseball, bowling, boxing, hockey and golf)
- Shin pads
- shoulder pads
Send local news tips and correction requests to [email protected]