Following the digital asset business KrakenSolana’s listing (SOL) on June 17, 2021 for most jurisdictions, the company is pleased to confirm that Solana trading and staking will also be available to residents of the United States, Canada and the Australia.
As mentioned in a Kraken update:
- Deposits and withdrawals for SOL “are open”.
- Trading “is live for SOL now”.
- Staking is available for SOL “with up to 6.5% annual rewards”.
- SOL trading and staking “is not available to residents of Japan”.
- You can deposit SOL now on the Kraken platforms.
Here’s a preview of Solana shared by the Kraken team:
Solana – a blockchain platform that aims “to increase user scalability through faster transaction settlement times”. Solana software “includes a flexible infrastructure that allows developers to write and run smart contracts using multiple programming languages.” The SOL cryptocurrency “plays a key role in maintaining and operating the Solana ecosystem and is used to execute smart contracts, send transactions and incentivize the actors who support the network.”
Here is the calendar of exchanges and staking:
- Funding: Already available – you can deposit SOL now.
- Trading: Already available – you can trade SOL now.
- Staking: Already available – you can stake SOL now.
- Trading Pairs: Solana (SOL) will be available for trading in USD, EUR, GBP and BTC.
(Note: check here for more on how to deposit, bet Solana with other options through Kraken). This offer is available on: Kraken, Kraken Pro, OTC, but not yet available for Kraken Futures and Margin Trading.
To clarify if the trading platform will list more assets, Kraken said:
“Yes. But our policy is not to reveal any details until launch, not even what assets we are considering. All of Kraken’s listed tokens are available on our website, and all future tokens will be announced on the blog and profiles. Kraken’s social media networks. Our customer engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about any assets we might list in the future. “
In a separate Kraken announcement, the company said it was delighted to reveal that Kraken now supports Covalent Request Token (CQT).
As stated by the crypto trading platform:
- Deposits and withdrawals are available now
- Trading will begin on July 6 at approximately 3:30 p.m. UTC
- Note: Trading is not available to residents of the United States, Canada, Australia, and Japan.
As explained by Kraken, Covalent “provides an API to any individual, company or decentralized application to access blockchain data.”
The company further noted:
“The Covalent team has created software that indexes and stores smart contract, wallet, block and transaction data from multiple blockchains, including Ethereum, Polkadot and Elrond. Covalent’s API helps developers easily access billions of data points that can be used for their specific projects and needs.
The Kraken team added that the Covalent Query Token (CQT) is Covalent’s native digital currency and is the primary method of payment between developers requiring data and transaction or block validators who “respond to those queries”. Owning and staking CQT “also allows participants to vote on network protocol upgrades. “
Here is the financing and negotiation schedule:
- Funding: Already available – drop CQT now.
- Trade: Starts July 6 at approximately 3:30 p.m. UTC (Kraken will allow order entry and execution at that time).
As stated by the company, updates will be “posted on the status page as launch approaches.” Trading pairs for CQT: CQT / USD. CQT / EUR. (Note: For details on how to deposit and other information, click here.)
This offer is available for: Kraken, Kraken Pro, OTC, and is not yet offered on Kraken Futures or Margin Trading.
Do you have a crowdfunding offer that you would like to share? Submit an offer for review using our Submit a tip form and we can share it on our site!